At Telford Park School we believe that all pupils can be successful in Mathematics. We therefore deliver a broad and ambitious mathematics curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which is challenging and prepares pupils life after school and future employment.
Our mathematics curriculum:
- Is broken down into small steps so all pupils can access the breadth of the content
- Utilises purposeful practice to enable pupils to become fluent with their mathematical skills
- Develops problem solving skills
- Utilises recall and retrieval practice to develop the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately
- Develops literacy skills through explicit teaching of vocabulary
- Encourages resilience to enable pupils to face challenges both in Mathematics and the wider curriculum